Rethinking Mary in the New Testament
Catholics and non-Catholics alike may be tempted to assume they already know everything there is to know about Mary. Whatever your degree of knowledge and personal devotion to the Mother of God, this book will help you see Mary with new eyes and greater appreciation.
Renowned author and theologian Edward Sri deftly leads the reader through a detailed study of Scripture and makes insightful connections to deepen and transform our understanding of Jesus's Mother. Readable, compelling, and inspiring, this book will renew your vision so that you, too, can rethink Mary – the Mother of God and our mother.
- What was Mary's life like before the Annunciation?
- Mary as Daughter Zion
- What does it mean to call Mary "full of grace"?
- What is the biblical basis for the Catholic belief that Mary is a perpetual Virgin?
- Mary as Queen Mother
- Mary as model of faith
- Mary at the foot of the Cross
- Mary as the woman of Revelation
Trade Paperback: 320 pages
Author: Edward Sri