An Introduction to the RCIAby: Michael Ruzicki
The RCIA resource you've been waiting for!!!
This practical guide provides parish leaders with the tools needed for facilitating and training all those involved with the adult Christian initiation process. Designed as a companion to An Introduction to the RCIA: The Vision of Christian Initiation by Ronald J. Lewinski, the enclosed training sessions explore the vision, theology, and purpose of the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults in a lively, interactive, and faith-filled way. Supplemental resources are available for download online, and the enclosed DVD includes thirteen videos that will deepen and enlighten participants' understanding about the RCIA process.
This training resource will help parish leaders:
- Facilitate sessions and lead retreats on Christian initiation
- Explore the periods (stages) and rites (steps) of the RCIA
- Catechize and form initiation ministers in the vision of the RCIA
- Encourage deeper reflection on the sacraments of initiation, especially Baptism
- Engage conversation about the Christian faith
- Involve the baptized members of the community in the process of initiation
- Impart the catechumenal process as the model for all parish faith formation
Inside you will find:
- Ten detailed, informative, and prayerful training session
- Easy-to-use leader's and participants' outlines
- Scripts and directions for leader's facilitation
- Discussion sparkers
- Opening and closing prayers
- Thirteen videos with interviews and footage of best practice
- Links to supplemental materials
Book with Disk
128 pages 8-1/2" x 11"